31 March 2014

Blowing bubbles and coloring books

Graphic Credit
Photo Credit

I was an anxious kid.  My mom kept a supply of bubble solution on hand because she knew how much I loved blowing them. I would busy myself with a small bottle of the magic liquid and blow until the bottle was empty.  Time stood still while I watched the sun make rainbow colors, and how some bubbles managed to sail higher and farther away than the others.  My anxiety floated away with the mystical orbs.

As in childhood, coloring holds that kind of alternate-universe existence today, where nothing in the world matters except creating something beautiful.  It's one of the best stress-busters I still use.

The point here is to consider what you used to do as a kid to "burn off energy":  bubbles, coloring, marbles, riding bikes, jump-rope, hula hoops...whatever works to bring you back from the edge.

To get you started, you can print this free coloring page:
Source
 


No comments:

Post a Comment